About the company
Founded in 2015, our vision is to empower people to co-create lives that are healthy for the people and sustainable for the planet.
We are innovating equipment and systems to grow alternative proteins (insects) to sustainably feed the world. Biochemists work next to industrial designers and biologists collaborate with engineers. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution- every team member brings their own point of view and skills to the table.
Livin Farms is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Join us to build an impactful business on a global level to help build a healthy food system.
- Applied Entomology
- scientific leadership to develop a company and products with impact!
- join the next phase of our startup in an industrial-scale project
- Location: Vienna
- collaborate with our team in Hong Kong & China
Specific Expertise & Responsibilities
- Key Expertise 1: skill set proficient to setup & monitor insect farming processes
- Key Expertise 2: project management
- lead scientific R&D processes for automated insect farming together with technical team
- Further develop farming strategy based on our planning and roadmaps as well as actionable and prioritized requirements
- Hands-on development and R&D for farming strategies yourself in initial phase
- Managing the project and R&D team members in next phase including insect farming methods, feed conversion trials, feed trials and processing of insects
Preferred Candidate Specifications
- A degree in Biology, Entomology or related relevant fields
- minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant field
- Experience working with insects is required, farming of insect species relevant for ingredients is a big plus
- familiarity in R&D processes
- excellent interpersonal skills
- English working proficiency
- experience in interdisciplinary projects is a big plus
- experience in farming systems / agriculture is a big plus
- entrepreneurial mindset is required
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems already
- The opportunity to take on a key role in an exciting venture to create large scale impact
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business
- A friendly and international work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
Please send us your
- drop us a few lines on what excites you about this role
- potential start date
- salary expectations (we wont pin you down on this)