About the company
Founded in 2015, our vision is to empower people to co-create lives that are healthy for the people and sustainable for the planet.
We are innovating equipment and systems to grow alternative proteins (insects) to sustainably feed the world. Biochemists work next to industrial designers and biologists collaborate with engineers. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution- every team member brings their own point of view and skills to the table.
Livin Farms is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Join us to build an impactful business on a global level to help build a healthy food system.
- Together with our team you create disruptive solutions for utilising insects as bio-wonders for the food, feed and pharmaceutical industry
- You build prototypes on a daily basis, test assumptions and continuously come up with new ideas for devices and implementations for anything related to insect farmign: insect reproduction, harvesting, separation, processing, etc.
- You are an entrepreneurial personality with exceptional passion to innovate in the intersection of technology and biology.
- you have an inherently curious mindset, you love to observe and test solutions
- join the next phase of our startup in an industrial-scale project
- Location: Vienna
- collaborate with our team in Hong Kong & China
Specific Expertise & Responsibilities
- Prototype, test, iterate a large bandwith of ideas around insect farming
- Prototypes might include techniques such as lasercutting, 3D printing, glueing, wood or metal works
- Prototypes might also include at least basic methods of tracking data, such as using Raspberry Pis or Arduinos, sensors, off-the-shelf devices
- Have a data-driven approach: tracking data and analytics is key for you to iterate experiments
- if you do not have the skills yet to build something you envision, you have the will and excitement to find ways to learn it
- We are looking for an allrounder who can learn quickly, not a specialist. We therefore know that you might not have all skills needed. What is important is that you are eager to learn quickly on the job.
Preferred Candidate Specifications
- No specific degree is needed for this role. You have however a proven track record of innovating and building things, technical skills are absolutely necessary for this role.
- The fields you come from can range from mechatronics to biology to farming.
- Experience working with insects is required, farming of insect species relevant for ingredients is a big plus
- familiarity in R&D processes
- excellent interpersonal skills
- English working proficiency
- experience in interdisciplinary projects is a big plus
- experience in farming systems / agriculture / hydroponics etc is a big plus
- entrepreneurial mindset is required
- high degree of independence is required
- you are a team player
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems already
- The opportunity to take on a key role in an exciting venture to create large scale impact
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business
- A friendly and international work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
Please send us your
- drop us a few lines on what excites you about this role
- send us examples of projects that you did before
- potential start date
- salary expectations (we wont pin you down on this)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org