Solgateis a new research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC) proteins, the largest family of membrane transporters. By modulating the function of the gates to cellular metabolism, Solgate aims to address unmet medical needs in neurological diseases, in metabolic disorders and in cancer.Solgate is located in the newly established IST Park, a space housing a growing community of technology startups and biotech companies, adjacent to IST Austria in Klosterneuburg, near Vienna. Solgate is seeking to hire a motivated and accomplished Data Scientist to join our fast-growing interdisciplinary research team, together developing novel small molecule therapeutics that modulate the functions of membrane transporters. We have a high-performance, and result-oriented culture, looking for colleagues eager to learn. The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience, entrepreneurial drive, and a passion for advancing our mission.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement newly emerged workflows for data science, along with well-documented code and reports
- Engage in multidisciplinary research projects and closely collaborate with Solgate team members to progress strategic targets and support experimental design, statistical analyses, and documentation
- Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliverables in ways that enable efficient decision making
- Provide leadership in the laboratory through scientific/technical mentoring, contribution to documentation,and infrastructure management
- Employ innovative problem-solving skills utilizing cutting edge data science to identify clinically relevant disease subtypes and associated therapeutic targets
- Maximize target discovery efforts to incorporate additional data types and novel analysis methods
- Organize, summarize and deliver data, in written and oral presentations
To accomplish the responsibilities of this role, the candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills in addition to rigorous scientific thinking.
- M.Sc/PhD in a related field such as Computer Science, Computational Biology, Data Science, Bioinformatics or Biomedical Engineering with 3+ years of hands-on experience in applying advanced data science methods
- Experience in implementing statistical modelling, machine learning, bioinformatics, data visualization, including -omics data processing and analysis pipelines.
- Experience with high content screening data is an advantage
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as R and Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL is a valued asset
- Experience with high-performance computing, application of machine learning techniques, integrating -omics and medical data or chemoinformatics is an advantage
- Good presentation and communication skills, explaining complex analytics concepts to colleagues at all levels
- Comfortable in an agile working environment
- Fluent in English; other languages will be valued
At Solgate, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills to advance your career and take part in the growth of Solgate from its early days. Solgate embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building our team to represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.We can offer you market-rate gross monthly remuneration of 3691 EUR. The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, with readiness to pay in excess of collectively agreed amount.
To apply, please submit your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two references) to our recruitment team using the link below. Please provide the documents as separate PDFs, with your name. We can only consider full applications. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For any questions regarding the position, e-mail us (email@example.com).