Beschreibung des Arbeitgebers
Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) is a technical-scientific research institution rich in tradition based in the city of Graz, Austria. TU Graz is an international top performer in all its five Fields of Expertise, capitalising on intense collaborations with industry and other research facilities worldwide. Within the European higher education landscape, TU Graz is a strong player in attracting talent and resources.
The Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science at Graz University of Technology has an open position, available from now on for an initial fixed-term of 1 year, for a:
Research Manager for Data Platform (m/f/d)
We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious candidate with a strong background in computer science, natural sciences or similar. Based in the projects around the topics research data within the Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science at TU Graz, the position is open for a research manager for data platforms. Part-time work is also possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mapping of competences around data infrastructures (e.g. Big Data, AI, HPC)
- Organization of workshops around the topic data infrastructures
- Work together with different stakeholders to define user requirements and usage policies
- Contribution to a concept on data infrastructures usage on a regional level
- Participation in the process of writing scientific proposals (e.g. EU projects)
Sie bringen mit
Required skills and experience:
- Ongoing or completed studies in computer science, natural sciences or similar
- Basic understanding on the integration of technical infrastructures
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in teams and with different stakeholders
- Interest in data infrastructures, data lifecycle and development of sustainable solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English and German
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with data platforms and distributed storage solutions
- Experience with modular software architecture and interface management
- Access to state-of-the-art latest technologies
- Exciting opportunities for professional and personal development
- Excellent work-life balance (flexible working schedule)
- Dynamic, creative and multi-cultural team
- Informal and stimulating working atmosphere
Informationen zu Bewerbung und Gehalt
Job Grading in Accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement:
The gross salary for this position amounts to a minimum of 2.929,00/month (full-time basis, 14x per year) with Masters degree. Higher compensation is possible, depending on the candidates qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send your full CV, a cover letter explaining why you are suited for this role as well as any other supporting documents to Graz University of Technology, Institute for Interactive Systems and Data Science, Inffeldgasse 16c, A-8010 Graz: firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the position you are applying to. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
In case of questions, please contact Dr. Sarah Stryeck (email@example.com).