Austrian Payroll Specialist
Our Client is a Vienna based university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management areas. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with excellent organizational skills and hold a relevant qualification and experience in Austrian payroll processing.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Preparing, processing and distributing 300 employees' + 100 freelancers' information to external payroll provider, including uploading and maintaining employee and payroll records.
* Making sure our external payroll provider is on time and sufficiently accurate on their tasks by providing answers to their questions and assist in clarifying open issues.
* Liaising with Austrian authorities and partners - e.g. ÖGK, AMS.
* Being the first point of contact regarding Austrian payroll topics for employees and supervisors in the Vienna campus, answering questions via e-mail within 24 hours.
* Ensuring a positive employee experience by also providing payroll open-hour sessions for employees after the payroll payment date.
* Check and explain freelancer and employment related payroll calculations, incl. tax, pension, social security contribution.
* Collecting all frequently asked questions and answering them and update our SharePoint site.
* Provide insight and ideas to the Payroll manager and HR Director for improvement areas in the field of Austrian payroll.
* Setting up of new employees, processing of terminations and related payment
* Assisting in labor statistics
* Issuing employer and other certificates
* Manage changes in our payroll records in a timely manner (salary, job, cost center, change of hours, etc.)
* Demonstrated (3-5 years) and also recent and relevant payroll processing experience
* Excellent knowledge of Austrian Payroll legislation
* Native German and solid knowledge of English language (verbal & written)
* Excellent Excel skills
* High-level of accuracy
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under own initiative and not requiring day-to-day supervision
* Attention to detail
Our Client offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for 1 year with the possibility of renewal.
If you would like to apply please send your application to email@example.com.