We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis "Audio Tampering Detection"
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2021
- Our team's expertise is audio-analysis in security related application domains. A current focus of our research is on detecting disinformation on the web.
- As part of this master thesis, you will participate in applied research projects related to the detection of Fake News, Deepfakes and other disinformation on the web.
- You will elaborate the state-of-the-art in audio tampering and the detection of generated audio.
- You will learn how to develop and apply Deep Learning models on large scale data and High Performance Computing platforms.
- You will develop an approach to audio tampering detection.
- You will develop a prototypical demonstrator to validate your approach in practical scenarios.
- You will validate this prototype in applied research projects for the detection of disinformation on the web.
- You will gain insight into the applied research working environment, you will share views with our scientists.
- You train scientific working and you will get to know new processes and technological developments.
- You are encouraged to publish your results at scientific conferences.
Your qualification as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Ongoing master's studies in the field of computer science, software engineering, information and computer engineering, mathematics, robotics or similar
- Knowledge of fundamental audio analysis and/or Machine Learning concepts
- Knowledge of Python, preferably also Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Interest in turning exciting ideas into real Machine Learning based audio analysis solutions in a challenging context
- High level of commitment and team spirit
- Good knowledge of verbal and written English
What to expect:
EUR 1073,70 gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online at https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/148805 by April 30th, 2021.