Smaply is run by More than Metrics, a fast growing company in the field of service design. We have a software solution (Smaply) which helps other companies visualize, analyze and innovate their customer experience. We have B2B customers in more than 90 countries. We are a small but mighty team of 27 folks with diverse backgrounds and 13 different nationalities. We enjoy flat hierarchies, high transparency and a lot of flexibility. We are hard working, big dreaming and enjoying the ride with much laughter. Now we are looking for a peer to join us on our journey.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (f/m/d)
Your role on this journey
- You will be part of the entire lifecycle of new features, from the shitty first draft to the deployment of the finished feature
- You design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- You take over our RESTful API (RoR/Grape) and document itYou regularly review our app performance and take measures to speed it up
- You implement, improve, maintain and cluster our services (MySQL, Redis, s3, Elasticsearch)
- You plan, improve and maintain our infrastructure orchestration IaC (infrastructure as code) over multiple hosting environments (gcloud, aws, on-prem, ...)
- You regularly review our ecosystem and perform updates and security checksYou share standby-duties for maintenance in case of outages/errors
- You join forces with our frontend developers
Our tech stack
GNU/Linux - Docker - Ruby on Rails - MySQL - Redis - Sidekiq - Webpack
What we need from you
- Youre experienced in Ruby on Rails development and have a natural interest in other programming languages
- You have experience writing model-, system-, integration- and functional tests (or however you name them)
- You have professional experience in designing and implementing efficient RESTful APIs
- You have a good understanding of user authentication and able to quickly adopt new technologies like SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth
- You have professional experience working with MySQL, Redis, s3, Elasticsearch or similar technologies
- You are a skilled GNU/linux user and highly confident with server configuration and management, especially in production environments
- You have professional experience orchestrating Ruby on Rails applications Drive to learn cutting edge cloud clustering and deployment techniques including Terraform, Rancher and Kubernetes
- You're willing to take part in our (paid) standby-duty schedule and be on call if something goes south.
- You are a self-organized team player and take over tasks on personal initiative
- A salary of at least 44.000 Euro p.a. (depending on your experience)
- 38,5 hours/week with flexible work time, optional home office, 10 weeks/year of remote work
- A variety of projects in a fast-growing and meaningful business
- Flat hierarchies, transparency and flexibility are our working standards
- Being creative and challenging the status quo is requested
- An energetic team achieving great things with many laughters along the way
- Benefits such as bonus payment, ESOP, subsidized public transport ticket, free parking, a big terrace with a bbq, free team lunches, legendary team events and many more
- The luxury of being surrounded by nature and having everything in walking distance
Due to the current Covid situation you can either join us remotely (close timezone to CEST) or join us in our exceptional base in Innsbruck, Austria, the action capital of Europe, and enjoy the outdoors.
Ready? Drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and lets have a chat.
For more insights check us out on https://www.smaply.com/careers.
Wer'e looking forward to meeting you!
All interested individuals independent of color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, and family status are urged to apply.